Personal Learning and Subject Planning Program
The Personal Learning and Subject Planning Program has been developed to assist vocational education at middle and senior school levels. Used widely in government, private and independent schools across Australia, our approach is to add value to existing services by providing whole year levels and / or selected groups of students with:
- a comprehensive career and psychometric assessment profile;
- a personalised education and career information portfolio designed to be used in course counselling, mentoring and career development activities for the remainder of the students secondary education;
- a full 30 minutes counselling session for each student (with parents encouraged to attend) to clarify educational and career pathways and strategies;
- staff and school reports that focus upon program evaluation and the specific learning styles and gender needs of each year level and student cohort.
The CFT Student Program has had outstanding success assisting students' to develop confidence in their educational choices and a compelling vision for their future.
The CFT program is delivered in three easy to plan stages. These include:
- Stage 1 - Career interest assessment (A workshop designed for up to 50 students at a time)
- Stage 2 - Career Portfolio training (A workshop designed for up to 50 students at a time)
- Stage 3 - Individual counselling using the student's career portfolio (Scheduled during the school day and parents encouraged to attend)
We provide full support, including staff training, to ensure successful integration of the program.
We work with you to integrate with your school's calendar, curriculum and the professional development needs of teachers. The following represent some of the integration strategies available:
- a post-program evaluation that measures the success of the program against pre-program benchmarks;
- program feedback that details student pathways and further support requirements (to enable you to improve school resource allocation);
- integration in terms of timing to meet school planning requirements (we fit into your calendar);
- a training program to enable staff to use the portfolio approach as a tool for course counselling and mentoring students;
- demographic integration - we address the individual needs of students from different demographic groups; and
- a post-program staff training program focussing upon the learning styles and psychometric attributes of each year level
This information allows you to develop a more engaging curriculum to better meet gender and learning style differences.
Each student enrolled in the program receives:
- a comprehensive career interest assessment;
- a career portfolio for use throughout secondary education and beyond;
- individual counselling with a specially qualified CFT counsellor (parents are encouraged to attend);
- clear indications of more suitable career pathways;
- detailed education and course information;
- specific information on chosen career areas;
- and a range of core strategies and an Action Plan to succeed in their chosen career and educational pathway.
When whole year levels receive access to the above vocational resources the proven results are exceptional! Our commitment is to provide the best possible vocational education program to benefit the whole school community.
CFT Consultant Profile
All CFT Consultants have received specialist training so that they can interpret and administer the Careers Fast Track™ Program. A CFT consultant has the following profile:
- at least 5 years experience in an education / counselling;
- at least 5 years experience in the labour market;
- qualified to interpret and administer relevant psychometric instruments;
- degree qualified;
- a minimum of 5 years career counselling experience.
This program is available under license for a very cost-effective solution to the subject and career planning needs of your students. Click here to explore licensing this program.